Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Toy Story 3 is Probably the Best Movie Ever

And if it’s not, it’s darn close.

I was 12 when Toy Story came out.  I’m much older than 12 now.  However, I was dedicated to the series.  I loved the first movie, the second one was one of the first ones I saw in theatres… I’ve been impatiently waiting for the third one for forever.

It did not let me down.  I don’t know what I expected in a Toy Story 3 movie, but this was much better.  Toy Story is the only franchise I know of that got progressively better with each movie.  I’ve never cried so much at a movie, either.  Mostly because I don’t cry at movies, but as soon as I saw Andy all grown up, the water works started and just when I got them to stop, something in the movie would make me cry again.  It was brilliant.

And for the evil movie critic who said this movie was more about product placement than whimsy – this is the first Toy Story movie that didn’t make me want to buy a toy.  I wanted a Buzz Lightyear after the first movie, but it was 1995 so it didn’t happen.  I wanted Tour Guide Barbie after the second movie (yes, when I was 17, shut up).  I got it.  This movie really doesn’t make me want a new toy as much as it makes me remember how much fun I had with mine.

Plus, as one child reviewer in the seat behind me pointed out, “This movie is sad.”  There’s enough going on in the movie for kids to notice things besides the toys.

I would see it again like a thousand more times if I didn’t have a budget of shoestring and bubblegum.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

 
My Happy Writing Place Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template