Saturday, July 17, 2010

I Write Like is Ready to Tell You Who You Write Like

I Write Like is a new site that will tell you what famous author that you write like. All you do is go to the site, paste a few paragraphs of anything, and hit the analyze button. In a matter of seconds, you will learn what author you write like.

The experiment I had in mind is to see if I could consistently come up with the same response with writings I had laying around, even if I was submitting different types of writing. The first thing I analyzed was a book I'm working on, and the response was that I write like Kurt Vonnegut. I analyzed text from a book I finished, and the result of that was Vladimir Nobokov.

After this, I decided to move on to blog entries. The results of those were H.P. Lovecraft and Margaret Atwood. Then I decided to analyze some of my articles. Gertrude Stein and David Foster Wallace were the responses I got. I was getting absolutely no repeats at all! While I thought about analyzing school assignments, I decided to analyze this very entry – and the result to that was Kurt Vonnegut. A part of me feels that this is very anticlimactic.

I Write Like is a very fun tool to play around with, but with such varied results I think it's safe to say that I Write Like me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

 
My Happy Writing Place Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template