Saturday, July 3, 2010

Why Are So Many Movies Being Made for Boys?

This was a question I had when I decided to write “Sweet Valley Barbie Trolls: Movies for the Girls”.  Truth be told, I’m not excited about the selection we’re being given here, but at least it’s something.

From the article:

All recent and upcoming property-based movies seem to be aimed at the boys. Transformers, G.I. Joe, the upcoming Stretch Armstrong, and even gender-neutral Battleship seems to be aimed at the boys. Even movies such as Smurfs and Alvin and the Chipmunks that aren't aimed at boys per se are gender-neutral. It's enough to make a girl stand up and yell, "Hey, we had childhoods with successful franchises, too!" Don't worry, we aren't forgotten.

Read More.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

 
My Happy Writing Place Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template