Friday, July 2, 2010

If I Had a Million Dollars I’d be Rich

Sometimes I happen upon random generators.  This one came up with the prompt “What would you do with a million dollars?”

A million dollars doesn’t go as far as it used to.  First of all, $450,000 of that is already taken out for taxes.  Or is it a tax-free million dollars?  Well, my plans involve taxes.  After paying down all my debts, I would invest in my dream house.  Just a down payment.  I hope my other investments pay off or my dream house will become a new debt.  My dream house would be like Barbie’s dream house, except with a movie theatre, bowling alley, and bowling room.

I’d donate at least $25,000 to charities because I should pay it forward.  I’d probably pick children’s charities.  Children are the future and they deserve to have one.  I’d probably plant a few trees in rainforests, too.  The world sort of needs an environment.

And if anything were left after the debts and the taxes and the charities and the investments and the dream house, I’d take a cruise around the world.  Or take a flight to Akron, Ohio.  I’ve never been to Ohio.  Preferably get to see the world, would settle on seeing Ohio.

And that is what I would do with a million dollars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

 
My Happy Writing Place Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template